Canada is a home for numerous top-ranked universities in the world. According to Times Higher Education’s World University Rankings 2020, 30 Canadian institutions are counted among the best in the world. If you are planning to study abroad in Canada and are researching on universities in Canada, you’ve arrived to the right place. Universities in Canada has been renowned worldwide for their world-class education which are mostly research-oriented.
Here, we will introduce you to the top 5 universities in Canada that will give your academic goals a new direction.
Top 5 Universities in Canada
University of Toronto
The University of Toronto, one of the top universities in Canada, was established with a mission to provide transformative education with innovative and cutting edge research techniques. This university in Canada is one of the world’s top research-intensive universities, driven to invent and innovate. The university has three campuses, namely, University of Toronto St. George, University of Toronto Mississauga and University of Toronto Scarborough.
Unlike other universities in Canada, the University of Toronto offers more than hundred undergraduate, graduate and professional programs. Also, since the university is affiliated to nine hospitals and 12 community-affiliated hospitals and health-care sites, it offers teaching and research experiences for students in these hospitals. Similarly, the university is also ranked as one of the top 100 employers in Canada. The University of Toronto provides equal job opportunities for people from a wide range of backgrounds, ranging from recent graduates to experienced senior professionals.
Established in the year 1821, the McGill University is also one of the top universities in Canada that is best known for higher education. Every year thousands of students from over 150 countries apply for program/courses in McGill University. You might find it interesting to know that the McGill University is the only Canadian institution represented in the World Economic Forum’s Global University Leaders Forum.This university of Canada offers more than 300 degree subjects and thus counts itself as one of Canada’s most internationally diverse institutions.
The university consists of 10 faculties and schools offering courses in agricultural and environmental sciences, arts, dentistry, education, engineering, law, management, medicine, music and science. Also, there are many benefits to being a McGill alumni. For instance, as a McGill graduate, you get to enjoy a range of exclusive benefits both in Montreal and around the world like, discounts on hotels and train tickets, access to thousands of e-books through the McGill Library, and so on.
University of British Columbia
The University of British Columbia, ranked among the top 20 public universities in the world, is a global center for teaching, learning and research. As one of the best universities in Canada, the university aims to create an exceptional learning environment that fosters global citizenship, advances a civil and sustainable society, and supports outstanding research to serve the people of British Columbia, Canada and the world as a whole.This university of Canada has two major campuses in Vancouver and the Okanagan.
That has been successful in attracting, nurturing and transforming more than 65,000 students from Canada and 140+ countries around the globe.These two campuses provide a diverse range of cultural, recreational and social activities for students. Whether you are looking for undergraduate or graduate courses/programs, looking for scholarships, or ready to pursue your higher education, the university has everything for you.
University Of Prince Edward Island
The University of Prince Edward Island is a public university in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada, and also the sole university in the province. Since its establishment, the university has been successful in maintaining academic excellence and research innovation. As one of the best universities in Canada, the university’s success is reflected in its alumni who have been successful in their field.
Along with amazing programs/courses, the University also offers its students access to exceptional faculty, researchers, and staffs for Graduate and Under Graduate Degree programs. International students from 80 countries comprised almost 26 per cent of the University’s total enrolment in the fall of 2018. The university provides various programs/courses in Arts, Business, Education, Engineering, Mathematical and Computational Sciences, Nursing, Science, and Veterinary Medicine, and many more.
The university covering140-acre home campus consists of 30 academic, administrative, residential, and athletics buildings and facilities. Apart from academic programs and courses, the university is also very well known for recreational activities and events.
Royal Roads University
The Royal Roads University, a public university in Canada, is located in Colwood, British Columbia. This university in Canada maintains Canada’s reputation as having the best educational and living standards in the world. The university was established with a vision to connect people, ideas, experiences, and cultures to change lives and the world.
Till date, more than 20,000 students have graduated from Royal Roads University in the fields of leadership, business, environment, communication, tourism, hospitality and social justice. These graduates are working in over 60 countries around the world.
The programs and courses are designed to prepare students to successfully enter today’s job market. Most of the professors work in the fields they teach. In fact, a recent survey by the Globe and Mail awarded Royal Roads an ‘A’ rating for the overall quality of teaching and learning. The university welcomes Indigenous and international students and thus has created a number of programs designed specifically to support shared respect for the value of community.
Why Study in Canada?
Canada is one of the top destinations in the world for an international student to pursue their higher education.
- World-class education provided by Canadian universities is the major reason why you should choose to study in Canada. A Canadian degree is recognized as much as a degree from the United States, Australia, or the United Kingdom.
- Affordable cost of living compared to other top destinations for international students. You can conduct research on how much does it cost to study in Canada to get detailed information.
- Universities in Canada also grants scholarships to students with outstanding academic achievement. However, scholarship funding for international students is very limited, highly competitive, and provided mostly for the postgraduate level.
- Canada also provides work permits to the students. International students studying in Canada are eligible to work up to 20 hours per week during school terms and full-time (30 hours/week) during college/university vacation.
- Best of all, Canada offers job opportunities to students who have graduated from Universities in Canada and have obtained a Canadian degree. International students can work in Canada for up to three years after finishing their studies. This is the ultimate answer to your question regarding why study in Canada.
Requirements to Study in Canada from Nepal
CIC Education Hub has gathered information on study in Canada from Nepal Requirements to make it easier for students wishing to study abroad in Canada. If you’ve been accepted at a college/university in Canada, you need to apply for a student permit and temporary resident visa. Here are the list of documents required while applying for Canada student visa:
- Completed student permit application form
- Letter of acceptance provided by the college/university
- Valid passport/travel document
- Two recent passport-size photographs, with specifications of name and date of birth on the back
- Proof of financial support during your study tenure. You’ll need to show that you have about 10,000 and 11,000 CAD per year for living in the country.
- A letter of intent
- If you intend to study in Quebec, you will also need a Certificate acceptation du Québec, English and French translations for your document, a statement from the translator, and a certified copy of the original documents
- Proof of payment of study permit fee (150 CAD)
- Proof of English language proficiency if you come from a country whose primary language is not English. Some of the commonly accepted language tests are IELTS, Cambridge English-Advanced, TOEFL, etc.
These are some of the basic requirements to study in Canada from Nepal.
There are many expensive as well as cheap universities in Canada that provides quality education. If you are looking forward to study in top universities in Canada, feel free to contact CIC Education Hub for detailed information.
Check Your Eligibility