Do you wish to bring your dependents with you to Canada? Do you have a work visa or a permanent residence permit, or are you a Canadian citizen? CIC Education Hub, the best Consultancy in Nepal for Canada will help you. To do that, your loved ones need to know how to apply for a dependent visa for Canada from Nepal.
It is not a complicated process, but it does require a lot of documentation and eligibility criteria to meet. Read our blog further to know all about how to apply for a dependent visa for Canada from Nepal.
What is Canada Dependent Visa?
The Canadian government permits qualified people over the age of 18 to sponsor their dependent spouses, children, parents, partners, and grandparents to live with them in Canada to encourage family life.
Who can Sponsor for Canada Dependent Visa? Eligibility Requirements to Sponsor a Canada Dependent Visa
If your dependents have the necessary authorization, you are allowed to bring them to Canada and enable them to work or study there full-time. It needs to be someone living in Canada, a citizen or a permanent resident who can sponsor for canada dependent visa.
Eligibility Requirements to Sponsor a Canada Dependent Visa are:
- To take part, you must be older than eighteen.
- You must be a citizen of Canada or a permanent inhabitant of the nation.
- You shouldn’t be receiving government assistance unless you have a handicap.
- You must fall within the low-income range.
- The law must recognize your union with your spouse.
- Your relationship with your dependents must be sincere.
Learn about: Best Part Time Jobs in Canada for Students
Who are eligible to get Canada Dependent Visa? Canada Dependent Visa Requirements
The relationships indicated below are the ones eligible to get Canada Dependent Visa:
- Dependent minors under the age of 21
- Husband or wife, cohabitant, or love partner
- Reliant grandparents or parents
- Close relatives, such as brother, sister, niece, nephew, uncle, or aunt.
You might want to know Getting a Work Permit in Canada
Documents Required for Dependent Visa Canada
The following forms must be submitted to sponsor a dependant under the Canada Dependent Visa:
- Passport and past travels
- Background information
- spouse/partner paperwork, such as a marriage license.
- Other evidence of the connection
- the sponsor’s income documentation to demonstrate sufficient funds
- Application forms and consular fees
You might be interested in Top Canada Student Visa Rejection Reasons.
Canada Dependent Visa Processing Time
The duration varies according to the kind of Canada Dependent visa. Canada Dependent Visa Processing time differs based on whether it is for parents, spouses, or children, as well as because the citizen or permanent resident of Canada must fulfill the eligibility conditions for a dependent visa alongside the one who is processing.
How long does it take to get a Dependent Visa for Canada?
The interview at the Canadian Embassy where the dependent is located should be held three months after all the necessary paperwork has been submitted. The only thing left to do is wait for the passport to be stamped with the visa after that.
If there are any problems, they are usually resolved in less than a year, but they might take much longer depending on the nature of your case. If your case is complex or the visa office requires further verification of your relationship, the process will be delayed and will take longer.
You might want to know why Study in Seneca College Canada?
Spouse Visa Canada: How to apply?
You must be eligible and meet the spousal requirements to apply for a spouse visa in Canada. A work permit, as well as Canadian citizenship or permanent residency, are required. If you meet all of the requirements, you may sponsor your spouse.
Canada Dependent Visa for Spouse Requirements | Rules for Spouse Visa in Canada
- You must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- You need to either already be a citizen of Canada or want to do so once your spouse or partner obtains permanent status.
- For the following three years, you must be able and willing to provide for your spouse’s or partner’s fundamental needs.
- You cannot sponsor a partner if they do not fall into the family class. To sponsor your spouse, you must be a citizen, a permanent resident, or have a valid work permit.
- You must be legally wed to your spouse in a committed union that wasn’t started just to facilitate your relocation. You must have had your partnership open for at least a full calendar year.
Canada Dependent Visa for Spouse Processing Time
Canada Dependent Visa for Spouse Processing time takes longer than regular dependent visas or other sorts of it. It typically takes 9 to 12 months to complete, but depending on the specifics of your case, it might take much longer.
Conclusion: Apply for Dependent Visa for Canada from Nepal
You now know how to apply for a dependent visa for Canada from Nepal. You need to meet the eligibility criteria and prepare all your documents. Canada allows your parents, grandparents, and spouse to come to Canada with the help of a Canadian Dependent Visa.
There is a lot to think about while preparing to apply for a dependent visa overseas, and you may overlook some small information or paperwork, but don’t panic. To study in Canada from Nepal, CIC Education Hub is here to assist you. Consult us as you will know more about how to apply for a dependant visa for Canada from Nepal.
- How Canada can be the best alternative for Australia if your Australia student visa gets rejected?
- SOP for Canada Student Visa from Nepal | SOP Samples for Canada
- Letter of Recommendation | How to Write a Letter of Recommendation?
- Study in Canada From Nepal: Application Process, Top Universities, Cities, Scholarships, and Career Opportunities
- Study Masters in Canada: Top Courses, Fees, Admissions, Universities, Scholarships, and Work Permit after Masters
FAQs on Apply for Dependent Visa for Canada from Nepal
Yes, along with your spouse, common-law partner, and any dependent children, you are permitted to enter Canada. They may be eligible for both a visiting visa and a work or study permit. You need to submit your online study permit application.
The requirements for a dependent visa in Canada are:
You must be at least eighteen years old to join.
You must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada to apply.
Your union with your spouse must be legal.
Contact with your dependents must be authentic.
You and your spouse must both be at least 18 years old to apply for a visa for your spouse or marital partner. You cannot sponsor someone who is not a part of your family, such as your boyfriend or girlfriend.
Yes, the dependent visa holders can study in Canada according to Canadian law.
Usually, the dependent visa for Canada takes three months after all the necessary paperwork has been submitted, sometimes a bit later depending on how your case is. After that, the process essentially consists of waiting for the passport to be stamped with the visa.
Check Your Eligibility