Australia is a popular destination for international students, especially in Nepal. But there are some cases when the Australia student visa gets rejected and the students are left with no choice but to look for an alternative.
Canada is one of the best alternatives for students who are rejected from Australia study visas. The country offers a wide range of programs and opportunities for international students. For students to study in Canada from Nepal, this blog will guide you .
Australia Student Visa Rejection Rate 2023
Visa rejection for Australia has been high in recent times compared to the past 2-3 years. The total visa success rate for Australian student visas dropped by 32% in 2020–21 compared to 2019–2020.
Top Visa Rejection Reasons for Australia List: Why was my Australia student visa rejected?
The present Australian government is not greeting that positively to international students these days. They have introduced several new policies that make it difficult for international students to come to Australia and study.
Failure to meet GTE Requirements Australia 2023
All applicants for Australia student visas are required to submit the Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) requirement. The Department of Home Affairs, Australia takes into account your circumstances when determining whether you are a genuine temporary immigrant or not.
GTE Requirement is an integrity assessment, to prove that they are coming to Australia temporarily to pursue a high-quality education and that they intend to use the program only for that purpose, not as a means of obtaining permanent residency in Australia.
New Changes in GTE Requirement for Australia Student Visa 2023 | New Rules for Australia Student Visa 2023
- One must be able to show sufficient funds. The Department of Home Affairs, Australia is consolidating in terms of Sufficient fund proof. For students who are not being able to show sufficient funds or show less funds, Australia student visa gets rejected.
- Ask for an Updated bank balance Statement. The Department of Home Affairs, Australia can ask for a present and updated bank balance certificate or statement in case of distrust. So, for students who are not being able to show present bank balance statement and showed bank balance just for three months and withdraw it, the Australia student visa gets rejected.
- Insufficient Supporting evidence for Income Source. The Department of Home Affairs, Australia can cross-check evidence of income Sources, in case of any doubt. In this case, for those students who have submitted fake evidence, or insufficient evidence (eg. showing income from the land lease but not submitting a land lease agreement), the Australia student visa gets rejected.
- Showing inconceivable income from a single source. The Department of Home Affairs, Australia can cross-check acclaim of huge income from a single source, in case of any doubt. So, for those students who have shown inconsistent income from a single source, the Australia student visa gets rejected.
- Past misdeeds and False Declaration. The Department of Home Affairs, Australia discourages student visa acceptance from people who have committed any crime previously and the ones who have made a false declaration in the past. So, for those students whose visas got rejected due to submitting false documents, the Australia student visa may get rejected.
- Not providing a convincing GTE. For those students who became unable to convince that they are coming to Australia temporarily to pursue a high-quality education and that they intend to use the program only for that purpose, not as a means of obtaining permanent residency in Australia, the Australia student visa gets rejected.
Besides the above-mentioned reasons, some of the top visa rejection reasons for Australia are:
- Unable to meet Academic Qualification
- English Language proficiency test
- Unable to meet Health Requirements
Why Canada is better than Australia for Nepalese Students? Top Reasons
There are many options available if you’re considering studying abroad, but you should only select the one that suits you the most. Recently, Canada and Australia are the most popular destinations for those who are willing to study abroad.
So, here are the reasons why Canada is better than Australia for Nepalese Students as follows:
Top Reasons to choose Canada over Australia:
- Top World Ranking Universities. In Canada, the government oversees 80% of the universities and colleges. So, with affordable tuition fees, top-notch educational facilities, and excellent quality of life, Canada is the finest destination for international students.
- Easy Visa Procedure. One of the primary reasons for choosing Canada for a study abroad is Easy Visa Procedure. English is the official language of Canada. The visa process and rules in Canada are easy and clear. Australia, in comparison, has a complex and drawn-out process for student visas. Additionally, compared to Australia, the application price for Canada is far more affordable.
- Canada Student Visa. One of the primary reasons for Canada’s popularity among Nepalese students over Australia is the large variety of student visas it provides, including the C-Visas and F-visas. Once they have finished their studies, these visas enable students to stay in Canada longer.
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC). A unique program run by the Canadian government grants employment and study visas to chosen international students. The CEC seeks to draw students who completed their studies at a Canadian post-secondary school and remained in the nation thereafter in order to get job experience there and support the domestic economy.
- Nepal alike Weather. Canada has some of the world’s most breathtaking scenery, including snow-capped mountains and huge grasslands, just like Nepal. The nation boasts a strong musical tradition and a rich cultural past, which add to its charm. These beautiful surroundings make it seem like home for Nepalese students.
- Cultural Diversity. One of the main reasons Nepalese students chose to study in Canada is its diversity. More than 200 ethnic groups speak more than 200 languages in Canada.
You might be interested in Getting a Work Permit in Canada.
What to do if Australia Student Visa gets Rejected? Valuable Tips
The first action is to find out why your visa was rejected. Then you may work on it so that it is not rejected the second time around. Wait for your student visa after you reapply, but don’t forget to look at alternatives if gaining a student visa from Australia becomes tough.
The second option is to look for alternatives, as accepting an Australian Student Visa has never been simple. In this case, Canada is the best alternative for Australia for students. It is not as tough as it is to apply to study abroad in other countries. Canada has various possibilities for students with a unique approach to education and a peaceful nation.
You might want to learn about Study Biomedical Engineering in Canada from Nepal
Can I apply to Canada after Visa rejection from Australia?
Canada can be an excellent alternative for Australia if you want a second option. Canada can be the best alternative for Australia if your student visa application was rejected in Australia due to various reasons.
Canada is also a bilingual nation, so you can get an education in English or French. Being blocked from one door did not deter access to the next. You can still apply to Canada after a visa rejection from Australia.
You might be interested in Best Part Time Jobs for Students
Conclusion: Best Alternative for Australia for abroad study
Canada has a lot of top universities in the world that provide a high-quality education. Canada also provides opportunities for international students to work while they are studying and is much more welcoming than Australia.
So, there is no doubt Canada is the best alternative for Australia for students who are recently rejected for an Australia Student visa due to various reasons.
For more information on how to apply and other opportunities, contact the CIC Education Hub. Our advisors will assist you in using to study in Canada from Nepal.
- Study in Canada From Nepal: Application Process, Top Universities, Cities, Scholarships, and Career Opportunities
- SOP for Student Visa from Nepal | SOP Samples for Canada
- Letter of Recommendation | How to Write a Letter of Recommendation?
FAQs on How Canada can be the best alternative for Australia:
As a student, you should always have an alternative, even more so if you’re applying to study abroad. If an Australian student visa gets rejected, Canada is the best alternative for Australia for students whose Australian Student Visa gets rejected.
Even though the majority of visa applications are approved, there are a few reasons why one might be turned down. Some of the top visa rejection reasons for Australia include ineligibility, a lack of documentation or supporting evidence, issues with the character, health, or forged documents.
Yes, you can still apply to Canada after an Australian visa refusal. Canada is a multicultural country that welcomes international students to study in a variety of programs. The fact that one door was closed did not prevent entrance to the next.
Check Your Eligibility