Canada is a popular destination for those looking to study and work abroad. Working while studying abroad is an excellent option for foreign students. Getting a work permit in Canada for international students may assist them to study, live, work, and having fun in Canada.
Sometimes studying abroad is harder than one can imagine, and students may face financial difficulties, so a work permit in Canada helps balance their daily expenses.
- Why is getting a Work Permit in Canada important for International Students? Top Benefits
- How can I get a Canadian Work Permit Visa?
- Who is eligible to work in Canada? Canada Work Permit Eligibility Requirements for International students
- What are the different types of Work Permit in Canada?
- How to apply for a Post Graduate Work Permit in Canada for International students?
- How long does it take to get a Canadian work permit for International Students? Canada Work Permit Processing Time
- Canadian Work Permit Visa Interview Questions and Answers for International Students
- Can I get a job in Canada with a Canadian Work Permit: Canadian Work Permit Jobs List
- Conclusion: Work Permit in Canada for international students
- FAQs on work Permit in Canada for International Students
Why is getting a Work Permit in Canada important for International Students? Top Benefits
One of the top benefits of getting a work permit in Canada for International students is the ability to work both on and off campus. Students can have various opportunities after getting a work permit.
Some of the top benefits of having a work permit in Canada are:
- Universal Health Care programs are for everyone. Everyone is entitled to free medical care in Canada, including any prescription medications purchased with tax money, even if they currently have a work visa.
- Maternity and Paternity Leave. The Canadian government’s employment insurance program also offers paid parental leave for either one parent or both parents.
- Extra working hours during holidays. Students applying for a work permit in Canada can only work 20 hours per week, but during holidays, they can work and earn more than the regular i.e.,30 working hours.
- High tech Canada. Several technical inventions and contributions are attributed to Canada. Telecommunications, pharmaceuticals, aerospace, and engineering are among the booming industries where students can work as they complete their education.
How can I get a Canadian Work Permit Visa?
The application procedure for Canadian Work Permit Visa differs depending on the kind of work permit you need. The first step is deciding which work permit is best for you.
But not everyone gets a work permit in Canada; one must be eligible and should meet the criteria set by the Canadian Government. And having some work experience just makes it easier for the application process, as having knowledge of something is great and works as a plus point.
Who is eligible to work in Canada? Canada Work Permit Eligibility Requirements for International students
The following are the eligibility requirements for Canada Work Permit as follows:
- Present proof to the officer proving your intention to depart Canada when your work permit expires.
- Have documents, like financial statements, demonstrating your ability to support yourself and your family throughout your stay in Canada.
- Maintain a spotless criminal record and present police evidence
- Have no intention of working for a company that provides sensual massages, escort services,
- Must be in good health and willing to undergo a medical exam, if necessary
- Have no intention of working for a business that the government has disqualified as a result of their inability to adhere to certain standards.
- You must be ready to provide any papers that the police may need in order to be admitted to Canada.
Is IELTS test required for a Canada Work Permit?
Everyone requesting a visa to reside permanently in Canada must take the IELTS exam. Your CRS score in Express Entry will be significantly impacted by your IELTS score. To be given a Canada Work Visa, one must get the required IELTS band score.
What documents are required to apply for a Work Permit in Canada as an International Students?
Documents that are required to apply for a Work Permit in Canada as an International Students are as follows:
- A passport in good standing with two current passport-sized photos.
- Academic certificates and degrees
- evidence of training and experience, including work history.
- proof of their financial stability while they are in Canada.
- Any medical examinations must be conducted at an accredited facility.
- Fees for applications
What are the different types of Work Permit in Canada?
Canada has two different types of work permits for candidates willing to work in Canada. They are:
- Canada Work Permit: Employee Specific Work Permit
- Work Permit Canada: Open Work Permit
Canada Work Permit: Employee Specific Work Permit for International students
Employers that have paid the compliance fee must supply either a job letter or a Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) for this work-specific visa. As a result, one can only work for one employer. It provides details about the workplace, the many employers one may work for, and the prospective duration of employment.
Before recruiting any foreign workers, a Canadian firm may need to do a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMAI) before recruiting any foreign workers.
Work Permit Canada: Open Work Permit for International students
Those who have broken the terms of their visa or are engaged in escort services, striptease, sensual dances, or massages are not permitted to work anywhere for any company in Canada. The following visa types are eligible to apply for an open work permit:
- Temporary work permits for spouses
- Post-graduation work permits
- World youth program permits
How to apply for a Post Graduate Work Permit in Canada for International students?
If students meet the requirements, they may apply for a post-graduation work permit from inside Canada or another nation. After graduating, candidates have up to 180 days to submit an application for a postgraduate work permit in Canada. Students do need to confirm the following as they apply:
- Confirmation that you participated in and finished your course.
- program’s name
- time duration of the program
- This can be verified by providing any of the following:
- Educational certificates and transcripts
- A formal letter from a previous institution
How long does it take to get a Canadian work permit for International Students? Canada Work Permit Processing Time
Work permit in Canada often takes one to nine months to process. Once your entire application has been received by the IRCC, the application processing period begins. It ends when they make a decision. The type of application will determine how long it takes to process a work permit in Canada.
Canadian Work Permit Visa Interview Questions and Answers for International Students
Before going for the interview, it’s good for students to be prepared for questions beforehand. Answers are given truthfully and a little cautiously without seeming nervous, making it look like you’re just ready to dive into your goals. Sometimes the interviewer asks questions with a hint of satire. Remember to keep your cool, be polite, and answer confidently.
Some of the questions that are asked during Canada work permit visa interviews are:
- What do you think is the cost of living in Canada?
- Do you have family or friends in Canada?
- Why did you want to leave your home country?
- What do you want to do in Canada and what is your goal there?
- How to believe that you will return to your home country afterward?
- What if your application is not approved?
Can I get a job in Canada with a Canadian Work Permit: Canadian Work Permit Jobs List
Yes, students applying to study in Canada from Nepal can get work permits as Canada allows students to work part times while studying,
Some of the jobs after getting Canadian work permits for International Students are:
- Factory Workers
- Graphic Designer
- Light Duty Cleaner
- Food Production
- Content Writer
- Data Scientist
- Software Developer
- Delivery Driver, and many more.
Conclusion: Work Permit in Canada for international students
As they are permitted to work while studying, students who want to study in Canada must also apply for a work visa there. Students in Canada have access to a variety of possibilities and can work up to 30 hours per week during the summer and 20 hours per week during the academic year.
Get in contact with the CIC Education Hub for more information and any guidance as you apply for a work permit in Canada. We have skilled counselors helping students during their process.
FAQs on work Permit in Canada for International Students
Yes. You may hold two active permits at once, according to International Experience Canada (IEC). If you are invited to apply for an IEC work permit, you may do so even if you currently hold a study permit. You may also use IEC to apply for a study permit if you have a valid work visa.
The waiting time may not be the same for every candidate who applies for a work permit in Canada. It may take anywhere from 1 to 4 months.
The different types of work permits in Canada are open work permits and employment-specific work permits.
Yes, the IELTS is required for a Canada work permit as the authorities need to know that you are capable of the English language, which is mostly spoken in Canada.
Check Your Eligibility