University Of Prince Edward Island
The University of Prince Edward Island is a public university in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada, and also the sole university in the province.
Apply for Canada
Fill in your details and we’ll call you back!
University Of Prince Edward Island
Established in the year 1969, the University of Prince Edward Island (UPEI), this University of Canada has a rich history with roots in two founding institutions, Prince of Wales College (est. 1834) and Saint Dunstan’s University (est. 1855). The University of Prince Edward Island is a public university in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada, and also the sole university in the province. Since its establishment, the university has been successful in maintaining academic excellence and research innovation. As one of the best universities in Canada, the university’s success is reflected in its alumni who have been successful in their field.
The university covering140-acre home campus consists of 30 academic, administrative, residential, and athletics buildings and facilities. The university also recently opened the 76,000-square-foot Faculty of Sustainable Design Engineering building in August 2016. Apart from academic programs and courses, the university is also very well known for recreational activities and events. Over the past 50 years, Athletics facilities at the University of Prince Edward Island have grown substantially. Some of the remarkable ones being the UPEI Alumni Canada Games Place track and field facility; the Chi-Wan Young Sports Centre, a lit, synthetic-surface sports field, and the community-based Bell Aliant Centre.
The Student Affairs team at the university supports you in your personal and academic success at UPEI, including personal health and wellness, academic guidance, career development, and health care services.
The University of Prince Edward Island offers a wide variety of programs and degrees for undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students. Along with amazing programs/courses, the University also offers its students access to exceptional faculty, researchers, and staffs for Graduate and Under Graduate Degree programs. International students from 80 countries comprised almost 26 per cent of the University’s total enrolment in the fall of 2018.
Bachelor Degree Programs
You can choose from various under graduate programs in:
- Mathematical and computational Science
- Veterinary Medicine
Graduate Certificate programs
University of Prince Edward Island offers about 200 courses in many different under graduate degree and graduate certificate programs. The faculty of science at UPEI works constantly on developing wide range of choices to fit educational interests of existing and prospective students.
Leadership, Management, and Training
- New Managers Certificate
- Collaborative Leadership – Facilitating the Process
Mediation and Conflict Resolution
- Interpersonal and Workplace Conflict Resolution Certificate
- Mediation Practitioners Certificate
- Executive Administration Certificate
- Project Management Essentials
- The Experimental Fish – Canadian Aquaculture Institute
- Professional Communications Certificate
- Social Media and Applied Digital Communications Certificate
Applying for the University of Prince Edward Island requires you to follow a few simple steps.
- Firstly, you need to create a UPEI account. Creating this account will allow you to apply for the required program. You can even check your application status online by logging in to your UPEI account. The application process may vary according to programs. For example, the application process for professional programs (Bachelor of Education, Bachelor of Science in Nursing, and Radiography) and Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) program might be different.
- Then, you need to submit your UPEI application fee along with the completed application documents. After receiving the confirmation message from the university, you need to send your transcripts and other supporting documents. These documents can be sent through email, fax or direct mail. Make sure that you send the transcripts directly from your school, college, or university. Transcripts sent from any other sources will be considered “unofficial”. If any supplement documents are required, you’ll be sent a notification at your UPEI account.
- Finally, you can check for your application status by logging into your account. If you are looking forward to applying at the University of Prince Edward Island or any of the best universities in Canada, you can contact us.