Wilfrid Laurier University
The Wilfrid Laurier University (WLU) located in Ontario, Canada is a public university. This university is named after Sir Wilfrid Laurier, the seventh Prime Minister of Canada.
Apply for Canada
Fill in your details and we’ll call you back!
About Wilfrid Laurier University
The Wilfrid Laurier University (WLU) located in Ontario, Canada is a public university. This university is named after Sir Wilfrid Laurier, the seventh Prime Minister of Canada. It is also one of the fastest growing universities in Canada. The university has two other campuses in Bradford and in Milton. More than 20000 students, including 977 international students, are a part of the Laurier family. The main aim of Wilfrid Laurier University is to produce engaged and aware citizens who can lead a life of leadership and purpose. Laurier has the largest business degree co-op program in Canada.
University at a Glance
The university has two huge campuses in Brantford and Waterloo and two smaller campuses in Kitchener and Toronto. The Waterloo campus is the main and the biggest campus that houses the Lazaridis School of Business and Economics and the faculties in music, arts, science, graduate studies and education. The Brantford Campus is home to the faculties of human and social sciences and liberal arts.
It houses over 19,500 students and has a student-faculty ratio of 25:1. The research-intensive university has more than 20 institutes and research centers.
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Design
- Bachelor of Fine & Applied Arts
- Bachelor of Math
- Bachelor of Music and many more.
Post Graduate Faculties
- Master of Applied Computing
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Environmental Studies
- Master of Computer Science
- Doctor of Philosophy
- Master of Applied Politics
- Master of Public Safety
|S. No.||Program||Fees for the First Year (CAD)|
|1.||Master of Business Administration||$ 19,172|
|2.||Bachelor of Business Administration||$ 27,000|
|3.||B.S. in Computer Science||$ 23,700|
|4.||Master of Finance||$ 48,800|
|5.||Bachelor of Science in Biology||$ 22,600|
- Entrance Scholarships
- President’s Gold Scholarship
- New Laurier Scholars Awards
- In-course Scholarships
- Entrance Bursaries
- Other Entrance Scholarships
- Official high school transcripts
- Transcripts must be evaluated by an authorizing agency and translated into English.
- An Applicant Background Summary (optional but highly recommended)
- English proficiency scores for international students
- TOEFL ibt score – 83 or above for undergraduate students; 89 or above for graduate students.
- IELTS score – 6.5 or above for undergraduate students; 7 or above for graduate applicants.
- Guidance counsellors recommendation
- ACT/SAT scores (optional)
- Minimum second-class honors for graduate applicants
- Other requirements – Letter of recommendation, essays, work experience, etc.
WLU provides on-campus residence to all students, including international students. All the residence buildings are located on or very near to the college campus so as to foster quick access. There are two types of on-campus facilities – dormitory style residences available on the Waterloo campus, and apartment style residences available both on the Brantford and Waterloo campuses. One dorm can be shared by two students, whereas, one apartment can be shared by maximum seven students. Facilities like furnished bedrooms/apartments, common community spaces, laundry, and residence learning communities are common to both dormitory-style and apartment-style residences.
The estimated cost of residence ranges from CAD 2500 to CAD 4500 (approx) per term, depending upon the type and style of rooms.
The off-campus residence type includes studio apartments, 3 bedroom apartments, 4 bedroom apartments and shared apartments. The average rent is 550 to 650 CAD/month. The apartments are fully furnished with free Hi-speed WIFI and central air-conditioning facility. The student residences comprise of modern suite-elements with fully equipped kitchens including new appliances & dishwasher. The lease period is generally 12 months.
These are some of the best universities in Canada for international students. For more details on admission requirements for these universities, do contact CIC Education Hub.