The study of international relations examines how nations and non-governmental organizations interact in politics, the economy, and security. Students from different corners of the world come to study for Masters in International Relations in Canada. Professionals with knowledge of international relations find it a fascinating subject of study.
This offers a globally oriented perspective on challenges that transcend national boundaries and is needed in our intricately connected and complicated world.
Why study Masters in International Relations in Canada? Top Benefits
Studying for a masters in international relations in Canada, students can benefit from various factors. Canada is the leading country in the globe with an increasing number of applicants every year.
Every year, a large number of international students come to study for a Masters in International Relations in Canada, and the benefits of studying masters in International Relations are:
- It’s an excellent place to start a career. Professional opportunities in international relations exist in the corporate, public, and not-for-profit sectors, depending on your experience, interests, and career goals.
- Students’ unique sets of skills will be highly regarded. A master’s degree in international relations, which is widely appreciated by businesses and organizations, can help you better understand how society and individuals function.
- Students will find a wide range of employment opportunities. A job in international relations necessitates excellent communication, analytical, decision-making, and negotiation abilities. An international relations degree can be pursued in various fields.
- Students can create and implement ideas. Students may seek to coordinate counterterrorism initiatives, offer assistance during natural disasters, promote human rights, and address issues like world hunger and environmental challenges.
Specializations of Master in International Relations in Canada
Canadian universities and colleges offer various study specializations to both domestic and international students. As students apply for a masters in international relations in Canada, students can choose from various specializations, and they are:
- Political Science: The Political Science program comprises the traditional disciplines of political science, with unrivaled strengths in Canadian politics, elections, and voting behavior, international law, political violence, history of political thought, women and politics, and indigenous politics.
- Human Rights: The study of human rights as the basis for social justice is an interdisciplinary endeavor that explores its meaning and application while studying Masters in international relations in Canada,
- Management Analytics Global: This specialization is designed for global professionals seeking to master the essential strategies for applying analytics to business needs.
- International Development: The program in international development is designed for ambitious professionals who are interested in developing original answers to problems in global development.
- Public and International Affairs– Environmental Sustainability: This specialization seeks to give graduate students the information and abilities to identify and assess environmental problems’ economic, legal, policy, and scientific elements.
- Public Policy and Global Affairs: The Public Policy and Global Affairs program builds a strong foundation of rigorous data collection, and policy analysis, Aspiring policymakers with a complete grasp of the processes involved in producing policies require extensive career development and practical learning.
Admission Requirements for Master in International Relations in Canada
Studying in Canada, colleges, and universities have their own set of admission requirements that students need to meet to get admission. It depends on various factors that institutions set admission requirements for students to meet.
Masters in International Relations in Canada: Eligibility Requirements
- Must be at least 18 years or older
- Must have an acceptance letter from an applied college or university
- Valid Passport and visa
Masters in International Relations in Canada: Language Proficiency
- English: IELTS score of 6.5 and TOFEL overall score of 100
- French: French isn’t mandatory, but knowing French will benefit students. Half of the Canadians speak French, and various colleges and universities also prefer French.
Masters in International Relations in Canada: Documents Required
- Statement of purpose (SOP)
- Letters of Recommendations (LOR)
- Sponsor Letters
- Relationship Verification Letters (Parents, Siblings, Grandparents, Sponsors)
- Financial Stability Documents
- Language Proficiency test scores
- Required Academic Documents
Top Colleges and Universities for Master in International Relations in Canada
Canada has some of the world’s top colleges and universities for students to study. Students apply to study masters in International Relations in Canada at top universities with the QS ranking given below, they are :
|S.N||Top Universities and Colleges||QS Ranking|
|1.||University of Toronto||26|
|2.||University of British Columbia||46|
|3.||University of Windsor||701-750|
Total Cost to Study Master in International Relations in Canada
Various universities and colleges have their own set of costs that depends on the course specialization, time duration of the study, and other various factors. The annual cost to study masters in cost between CAD 10,000 to 55,000.
Employment Opportunities: Jobs after a Master’s in International Relations in Canada
Canada has various employment opportunities for students as they graduate. Some of the jobs after masters in international relations in Canada are:
|S.N||Employment opportunities||Annual income|
|1.||Policy Analyst||CAD 60,000 to 80,000|
|2.||Immigrant Specialist||CAD 40,000 to 65,000|
|3.||Foreign Affairs Analyst||CAD 50,000 to 90,000|
|4.||International Lawyer||CAD 100,000 to 150,000|
|5.||Intelligence Analyst||CAD 60,000 to 90,000|
|6.||Communication Officer||CAD CAD 40,000 to 98,000|
The Bottom Line
Students pursuing a Masters in International Relations in Canada can explore the different specialties and possibilities offered at Canadian universities and colleges. Get in touch with the CIC Education Hub for more guidance on the courses, specializations, and top universities. Our scholars have experience and have sent numerous students abroad to study.
With various work options, study specializations, and the benefits of studying in Canada from Nepal. A large number of students from all over the globe travel to Canada each year to pursue a master’s degree in international relations.
FAQs on Master in International Relations in Canada:
A degree in international relations might be advantageous for careers outside of the field. Along the way, you acquire a lot of transferrable skills that are useful in practically any field.
The universities offering masters in International Relations in Canada are:
– University of Toronto
– University of Windsor
– University of British Columbia
– McMaster University
– York University
Some of the specializations for masters in international relations in Canada are:
– Political Science
– Human Rights
– International Development
– Public Policy and Global Affairs
– Management Analytics Global
Check Your Eligibility