Frequently Asked Questions | Study In Canada

We now have an FAQ list that we hope will help you answer some of the more common ones.

1. Why Study In Canada?

For quality education and a worldwide recognized degree, there are lots of universities around the world. However, if you would like to study, work, and settle abroad, Canada is the best option. Getting PR after study is easier in Canada compared to other developed countries like the US, UK, New Zealand, and Australia.

2. Is IELTS compulsory, PTE or TOEFL acceptable ?

We have noticed that the visa approval rate is higher with acceptable IELTS test result. If you are thinking for Canada, we encourage you to do IELTS.

3. What Is Minimum English Test Score & Academic % To Study In Canada ?

Different institutions and programs accept  different level of English score and Academy % . However, the primary requirement: for undergraduate degree , IELTS 6.5 not less than 6 each band or Equiv. and % above 55 or Equiv. , For Post Graduate Diplomas – IELTS 6.5 not less than 6 each band or Equiv. , For Master IELTS 7 with not less 6.5 or Equiv.  Yet there are some colleges and universities where  they accept conditionally or gracefully if you have strong profile. Therefore , It is advisable to visit CIC Education Hub Putalisadak .

4. What Is Minimum Academic % Required For Study In Canada??

For Canada it is very important that you have academically strong profile. However, if you have less than 55% or Equiv. in academics, you should compensate this weakness with strong English Test Score, Work experience and a well written statement of purpose.

5. How Many Years Of Gap Is Acceptable To Study In Canada ?

This is very general question . There are no institutions in Canada who apparently rejects students on the basis of Gap. However, it is assessed  on the basis of gap genuinely and productivity . What have you been doing during those gap years ? If you have been working , you can for sure compassionate with knowledge and can justify your gap . There are some cases where Nepalese students have got study permit after 12 years of study gap too. Again , it depends on the chosen program, genuine intention to study .

6. What’s The Difference Between A College And A University In Canada?


Colleges of applied arts and technology have full-time and part-time diploma and certificate programs. Many also offer Bachelor degrees in applied areas of study.

Colleges tend to be more directly career-oriented than universities. This means they offer practical or hands-on training. Generally, a certificate program is 1 year or less, and a diploma program is 2 or 3 years.

Colleges also have pre-trades and apprenticeship training, language training and skills upgrading.

Some Ontario colleges focus on agriculture, health science, art or military programs.


Universities are institutions that can grant degrees. All universities have undergraduate (bachelor’s) degrees, and many have graduate (Master’s and doctoral) programs. Universities in Ontario are independent. Although they receive funding from the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development, each institution is self-governing and regulates its own programs, admissions and faculty.

Undergraduate degrees usually take 3-4 years to complete, if you study full-time. An “honours degree” (the fourth year) is usually required if you want to go to a graduate program (Master’s degree). Many universities allow students to combine subject areas (e.g., a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry and Biology) into a “double major.”

Many universities also offer professional programs, such as medicine, dentistry and law. In some cases, you can begin these programs after 2 or 3 years of undergraduate study.

An educational institution cannot grant a degree in Ontario unless the provincial government has given it this right. There are private institutions in Ontario that have been given partial degree-granting authority. All of these schools are denominational, which means that they have a religious affiliation.

7. Do I Need To Pay Tuition Fee In Advance ?

It is not mandatory to pay tuition fee in advance. Yet we encourage students to pay at least one semester or where possible one year tuition fee to the institution, just to demonstrate seriousness in the study. However, Please note that you are supposed to pay one year tuition fee before you fly , your counselor will explain about this.

8. What Are Different Intakes In Canada ?

The general intakes are Jan/Feb , April / May  & Sep/ Oct . However some colleges and universities may not have all intakes for all programs . As Canadian High Commission encourage international students to apply in advance sometime even one year earlier . It means, you can actually apply for 2020 Jan intake now and apply for Study Permit. We have many examples where students have got visa one year earlier than actual commencement date of the program. It also happens students from all over the world wants to study in Canada and there are limited numbers of seats , so students are obliged to apply available intakes. for more , please visit or contact CIC Education Hub.

9. How Long Does It Take To Get Offer Letter From Colleges & Universities ?

Generally, Offer letter takes  5 weeks for most of the programs .All colleges and universities we represent , from them it is quicker than the average time.  However, for master it may take up-to 3 months.

10. What Is Reputations Of Canadian Colleges And University?

Canadian Education System is  highly recognized and respected around the world. There are basically two types of institutions in Canada; Private and Public or Publicly Funded . CIC Education Hub counsels students for government and publicly funded colleges and universities.

11. Is Bachelors degree or Diploma appropriate for Nepalese students?

There is nothing wrong if you choose either diploma or bachelors after your grade 12. However, we recommend you to choose Diploma if your financial background is not so strong.

12. What Is The Difference Between Post Graduate Diploma & Master Degree ?

Most of Nepalese students get confused between these Degrees . PG Diplomas are more professional and specialized and it is simply done after ( Post ) Graduate which means bachelor . Different Colleges and university offers PG diplomas in many subject but not all master degrees could be available . PG Diplomas are specific , professional and get higher degree of employability and speedy learning . Please watch this youtube video to get general idea of the difference.

13. Is post graduate or masters degree is appropriate for Nepalese students?

  • It depends on your interest and career goal. If you choose to apply for masters degree, apply directly. It is because most of the universities in Canada do not accept applications through agents for graduate programs. Getting admission in masters program is tough in Canada. Try it first and if you did not get the admission, then go for for post graduate programs. Many students choose to go for post graduate programs because of the following reasons:
  • Affordable fees structure. It is affordable than course based masters programs
  • Admission decision is very quick. In general, you may need to wait 3-6 months to get admission decision for graduate programs. (if you only want to apply for masters program, research based masters is recommended. In general, you will get financial support in research based masters program.

14. What Is Visa Chances To Study In Canada?

This is the most frequently asked question by Nepalese Students who wish to study in Canada. Visa Success in Canada is a visa application package. Canada does not conduct interviews but assesses the student genuinely on the basis of SOP, provided documents, and relevancy of programs. If you choose the right program and right university and convince the visa officer with your documents, your chances of getting a visa positive. CIC Education Hub helps you to prepare applications and share acquired experiences and expertise of years.

15. Do your consultancy charge fees?

Yes, we do. However, our fees is very reasonable which is around CAD $ 300.

16. Do you guarantee the visa?

– No, Never..

17. Public or Private Colleges/Universities ?

We do not recommend for private institutions

18. Why CIC Education Hub?

We are experienced, our team members are educated, professional and friendly. We are also well-familiar with the Canadian learning, working and living environment. We work with many Canadian Colleges and Universities. More importantly, we are a genuine consultancy for study in Canada.