Georgian College has been the most preferred one among the best universities in Canada as it offers more than 120 career-focused programs.
Apply for Canada
Fill in your details and we’ll call you back!
About Georgian College
College of Applied Arts and Technology located in Ontario, Canada, Georgian College has over 13,000 full-time students, including 3,600 international students from 85 countries with seven campuses. Georgian College offers a wide variety of educational opportunities over 90 different programs in areas like Business and Management Studies, Community Studies, Design, and Visual Arts, Engineering Technology, Health Sciences, Hospitality and Tourism, Advanced Studies, and University Studies.
The college management team and professors work with various industries and community partners to offer up-to-date, relevant, cutting-edge curriculum, quality work placements, and co-op experiences with top employers. The Georgian College is very well known for its academic programs that provide international students with the opportunity to work and Study in Canada in one of the best locations in Canada while at the same time getting paid to go to school. Georgian College has been the most preferred one among the best universities in Canada as it offers more than 120 career-focused programs and courses across seven locations in Central Ontario (Barrie, Midland, Muskoka, Orangeville, Orillia, Owen Sound, and South Georgian Bay).
The Georgian College offers many programs such as academic upgrading, apprenticeship training, certificate, diploma, graduate degree, graduate certificate, a college degree, and university programs and part-time studies. These programs are developed in areas such as automotive business, business and management, community safety, computer studies, design, and visual arts, engineering technology and environmental studies, health, wellness and sciences, hospitality, tourism and recreation, human services, Indigenous studies, liberal arts, marine studies, and skilled trades.
Bachelor Degree programs
This university of Canada provides varieties of Bachelor Degree Programs that suits the needs of every students studying or willing to study at the Georgian College. Here are the list of bachelor degree programs that the college offers:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical) Degree with Electrical Engineering Technology Advanced Diploma
- Honours Bachelor of Business Administration (Automotive Management) (Co-op)
- Honours Bachelor of Science in Computer Science Degree with Computer Programming Diploma
- Honours Bachelor of Business Administration (Management and Leadership) (Co-op)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSCN) Collaborative Programs
- Honours Bachelor of Business Administration (Health Management) (Co-op)
- Honours Bachelor of Counselling Psychology
- Honours Bachelor of Police Studies (Co-op)
- Honours Bachelor of Interior Design (Co-op)
- Honours Bachelor of Arts and Science – Environmental Sustainability (Specialization in Ecosystem Management) Degree with Environmental Technician Diploma
- Honours Bachelor of Science – Applied Life Sciences (Specialization in Biomedical Techniques) Degree with Biotechnology-Health Diploma
Graduate Certificate programs
Georgian College also offers various graduate certificate programs for university graduates who want to acquire advanced studies in their field or new skills in a different discipline. These Graduate Certificate Programs are of 1 to 2 years. Here’s a complete list of Graduate Certificate Programs available at the Georgian College:
- Global Business Management
- Human Resources Management (Co-op)
- Big Data Analytics
- Information Systems Security (Co-op)
- Mobile Application Development
- Research Analyst (Co-op)
- Kitchen and Bath Design
- Museum and Gallery Studies
- Project Management
- Acute Complex Care for Internationally Educated Nurses
- Communicative Disorders Assistant
- Medical Skin Care Therapies
- Advanced Care Paramedic
- Event Management
- Food and Nutrition Management
- Addictions: Treatment and Prevention
- Therapeutic Recreation
- Marine Engineering Management
The Georgian College has a total of seven campuses encompassing a total area of 21,000 square kilometres. Here is the list of campus locations:
- Downtown Barrie location
- Muskoka (Bracebridge)
- Owen Sound
- South Georgian Bay (Collingwood)
The admission requirements vary according to the programs available. Since English is used for instruction at Georgian College, all applicants for whom English is a second language must provide proof of language proficiency. The candidates should have good English reading, writing, and speaking skills.
Minimum English Requirements:
- Graduate of Level 8 of Georgian’s GAAS – English for Academic Purposes
- Canadian Academic English Language (CAEL)
- Pearson Test of Academic English (PTE)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE)
International students are encouraged to apply as early as possible as the application process might take several months depending on the time of year and number of applicants. For example, if you want to start your studies in September at any university in Canada, we recommend you apply before May 1.
You can download the international student application form from the university website to start your application process. Once you receive your application confirmation at Georgian College, there is even a counselor assigned to your program and they can help with everything from academic issues, personal concerns as well as helping with career indecision.